About This Course
Rationale For The Programme
- To enhance the quality of English Language Teaching in Malaysia, supporting Malaysian government’s initiative by targeting mid-career professionals and those aiming to pursue a career in the field of TESL.
- To raise competent and academically qualified English Language teachers to meet the growing demand in the private sector education.
- To equip English Language teachers with skills to enable them to make learning of English efficacious and interesting.
- To provide hands-on training and solid academic research experience for teachers of English as a Second Language.
- To enhance professional competence, knowledge and students’ career prospect in the discipline based on informed practices and broader view of education.
- To upgrade and update teaching skills and benefit from new developments in the field of TESL while acquiring enquiry skills for continuous professional development.
- To enable teachers to effectively manage curriculum changes and changing needs of learners.
- 2-year programme leading to the HELP Master of Education (TESL) degree
- Full accredited by MQA (MQA/FA 2999)
- Modular mode
- Credit transfer or subject exemption based on MQA guidelines
- Interactive, practical, small group teaching with a variety of student experience.
- Peer learning by working with other professional teachers from across the country and different language background.
- Innovative pedagogical practices and integrative methodologies.
- Highly qualified and dedicated academic team with extensive record of service in leading universities in the region, all with strong pedagogy background.
- Good value for money and numerous scholarships and bursaries are available.