The British Council has also unveiled a free online course (MOOC) called ‘Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests.’ It is available at FutureLearn.com.
A statement issued by the British Council said that the IELTS Prep App focuses on providing an overview of listening and speaking tests along with modules on vocabulary and grammar with special IELTS test tips. The app is available for both Android as well as iOS users and offers:
- A comprehensive overview of the IELTS Speaking and Listening tests
- Listening and Speaking practice tests
- Common grammar rules explained and exercises
- Videos of IELTS Speaking interviews
- Useful tips for the IELTS test
- Assessment criteria explained
- Quizzes to test knowledge of the IELTS test format
- More information on IELTS related topics
In addition, students can set a test day reminder, practise using in-app materials, and check just how much progress they make. They can also bookmark useful pages so that they can easily go back to specific content.
Check out: The Best Apps for Business School Admission
Michael King, director, exams said at the launch:
We have launched the app with an aim to provide an authentic source that is handy, easily accessible through mobile handsets and able to deliver high quality content.
At the same time, the six-week free online course (MOOC) will take students through each stage of the IELTS test — reading, writing, speaking and listening. At each stage there will be advice from a video tutor and a team of experienced IELTS educators. Students will also be asked to share your experiences, tips and opinions with other learners.
By the end of the Understanding IELTS course, students will:
- be familiar with all parts of the IELTS test;
- have some useful tips to help you achieve your IELTS goals;
- understand how the IELTS test is assessed;
- have an opportunity to have their written and spoken English assessed by other learners.
Check out: The IELTS Is Easy. You Just Have to Be Calm.
Source: British Council, Times of India